Where to Park and Ride
You can help reduce traffic in the park by parking your vehicle in one of these lots along Highway 62:
- Stater Brothers (shuttle Stop J located west of Burger King on Encelia Drive)
- Rite Aid (shuttle stop located on Hwy. 62)
- Holiday Inn (shuttle stop located on Hwy. 62)
For those who wish to board the bus in Joshua Tree, parking can be found across Park Boulevard from the Joshua Tree Visitor Center in the dirt lot.
The shuttle stop is on the southeast corner of Highway 62 and Park Boulevard.
What you need to know
Plan ahead and be prepared before boarding RoadRunner. There are no services available inside the park.
- Bus times are approximate.
- Buses will stop only at designated stops.
- Bring enough food and water (one gallon per person per day is recommended).
- Wear sunscreen, light-colored clothes, and a hat for sun protection.
- Cell coverage is unavailable. An emergency phone is located in the Intersection Rock parking lot.
- Let someone know your plans for the day (where you are going and when you expect to be back home).