Where to Park and Ride
You can help reduce traffic in the park by parking your vehicle in one of these lots along Highway 62:
- Stater Brothers (shuttle Stop J located west of Burger King on Encelia Drive)
- Rite Aid (shuttle stop located on Hwy. 62)
- Holiday Inn (shuttle stop located on Hwy. 62)
For those who wish to board the bus in Joshua Tree, parking can be found across the street from the Joshua Tree Visitor Center in the dirt lot. Or park inside the park and use the RoadRunner to travel from one area to another.
What you need to know
Plan ahead and be prepared before boarding RoadRunner. There are no services available inside the park.
- Bring enough food and water (one gallon per person per day is recommended).
- Wear sunscreen, light-colored clothes, and a hat for sun protection.
- Cell coverage is unavailable. An emergency phone is located in the Intersection Rock parking lot.
- Let someone know your plans for the day (where you are going and when you expect to be back home).